Monday, September 29, 2008

Eclexia Strikes Back

I'll be writing a bi-weekly column on IGW entitled Eclexia, with topics ranging from electoral math to Boston Red Sox theories and beyond. Today, a short column on my new job:



This year, I'll be working at a residential school that serves 8-12 year-olds with extreme behavioral problems. Basically, I'll try to stop six of the worst kids in the state from killing each other. During the orientation, I asked if there were any success stories. The answer:

"Well, I ran into a former resident a few years back. He works on and off changing people's oil. Still lives with his mom when he's not kicked out, on and off drugs, in and out of jail for a range of smaller crimes. But he hasn't molested anybody yet. It's a world of small victories, here."

No comments: