Wednesday, February 20, 2008

WTF, World: Volume XIV

When your body grows bigger,
Your mind must flower,
It's great to learn...
BECAUSE KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

It's "WTF, World",
A chip off the block,
Of your very favorite day
WTF WEDNESDAY

Yes, I remembered all the words to the "Schoolhouse Rock" intro. Now bear with me as I sing "Three is a Magic Number". No? Okay, well here's some links instead.
  • And speaking of learning, this whole "teaching" thing is garbage. You know what will make kids smarter? Praying. I'm not saying people shouldn't pray, but perhaps, in this instance, it may be better to, I don't know, spend time actually interacting with the kids and teaching them? As the Bible says, "God helps those who help themselves." Wait. No. That was just Ben Franklin. Still, I mean COME ON.
  • Well, now Kansas and many Middle Eastern countries have something in common: hardcore discrimination against women! 
  • Gotta love right-wing rationale (humor?). Evidently liberals have a greater voice on the 'net because, and I quote, conservatives "have families because we don't abort our kids, and [...] have jobs because we believe in capitalism." You'll have to excuse me from responding, as I have to go perform an abortion. Here's some other batshit crazy quotes for your pleasure while I'm at it.
  • And finally, Fire Joe Morgan is a great site that systematically picks apart the arguments of many prominent sports journalists. It's run by a bunch of television writers (including Michael Schur, who also played Mose Schrute on 'The Office") who are considerably better at their craft than I, and if you are an angry sports fan like myself, I encourage you to check out the site on your free time. This week these guys give us this gem, which does a great job of explaining something I've been trying to get at for years. I could get into this further, but right now I don't have time for a multi-thousand-word post. Again with the abortions.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no better way to start the day than a good abortion. unless it's teaching baby mountain lions to do abortions